Webpage created: May 03, 2019
Webpage updated: December 19, 2021
Brentor Station was opened by the Plymouth, Devonport and South Western Junction Railway Company on June 2nsd 1890, when they opened their new main line between Lydford Station and Devonport for Stonehouse Station.
Mr E Callard, Station Master at Tavistock Station, was also responsible for Brentor Station in June 1948.
On Weekdays and Sundays, 'where train service permits', commencing on May 1st 1953, the following cheap day return tickets, first and third class, were available from Brentor Station to: Devonport King's Road, 7 shillings (s) 6 pence (d) 1st, 5s 3rd; Okehampton, 4s 1st, 2s 9d 3rd; Plymouth Friary Station, 8s 9d 1st, 5s 9d 3rd; Plymouth North Road Station, 7s 9d 1st, 5s 3d 3rd; Tavistock North, 2s 3d 1st, 1s 5d, 3rd.
The Station was closed to freight traffic on and as from February 28th 1966 and to passenger traffic on and as from May 6th 1968.