Webpage created: March 19, 2019
Webpage updated: March 24, 2019
Messrs PERRY, SPEAR AND COMPANY LIMITED SIDING
The Perry, Spear and Company Limited siding was situated on the site of the former Drakewalls Depot, just prior to the line crossing the A390 Tavistock to Callington road. In fact, in the Railway Clearing House "Official Hand Book of Railways Stations, etc." for 1929, and again in the 1956 edition,it was known as the "Drakewall Siding". It had no mechanical facilities. The present Gunnislake Station is built on the site.
There were two sidings, a short one coming off the main one, accessed off the Branch by a facing junction for Down trains. The points were operated from a Ground Frame released by the Electric Token. It was accessed by Up trains towards Bere Alston only.
According to the Working Time Table commencing June 12th 1961, only one freight train a day called at the Siding, the weekdays only 12.03pm from Gunnislake to Bere Alston, and that was timed to stop for only five minutes between 12.04 and 12.09pm. After calling at Calstock Station to change the Electric Key Token for a Train Staff, the train was timed to arrive at Bere Alston at 12.36pm.
The Perry, Spear and Company's Siding was closed on or as from August 2nd 1966, as confirmed by a British Railways notice.