OLD DEVONPORT . UK
www.olddevonport.uk
 

  Brian Moseley, Plymouth
Webpage created: November 14, 2017.
Webpage updated: November 14, 2017

To go to the Home Page          To go to the A-Z Contents Page

ROADS AND STREETS IN OLD DEVONPORT

BAKER'S PLACE

Baker's Place was the name given to 18 small properties just outside The Lines, at the eastern end of Richmond Walk, of which it was officially a part, before it was extended through to the bottom of Devonport Hill.

In 1914 there were two Licensed Landmarks, the Fisherman's Arms Public House and a beer house next door.  Not surprisingly there was a boat builder and a boat owner.  There was even a wall letter box.  But Baker's Place was also home to two shop keepers and one tailor, Mr William Kemp.

SEE ALSO Richmond Walk.