OLD DEVONPORT . UK
www.olddevonport.uk
 

  Brian Moseley, Plymouth
Webpage created: December 04, 2017.
Webpage updated: December 04, 2017

To go to the Home Page          To go to the A-Z Contents Page

ROADS AND STREETS IN OLD DEVONPORT

BARRACK STREET

Barrack Street ran from Devonport Market eastwards to Chapel Lane and Raglan Barracks.  It crossed Cross Street, South Street, Saint Aubyn Street and Chapel Street.

It had three Licensed Landmarks in 1914, the Newmarket Hotel, the Butchers' Arms and The Fonda Public House, plus one beer retailer.  Mr Henry Gough Barrett was  the butcher at number 1, next to the Newmarket Hotel, and there was one shop keeper at number 5.