Webpage created: March 19,, 2016.
Webpage updated: March 19, 2016
Clowance Street ran from Fort Street eastwards to George Street.
In 1914 numbers 1 to 27 were on the northern side with numbers 29 returning from Saint Stephen's Church to Fort Street on the southern side.
There was a beer retailer, Mr J Conroy, at number 44, on the corner with Stanley Street.
It is not known if
there were any retail premises in the Street but there was a baker, Mr W J
Davey, at number 32 who may have worked elsewhere and not at his home.
Borough Police sergeant George Sandy lived at number 4.