OLD DEVONPORT . UK
www.olddevonport.uk
 

  Brian Moseley, Plymouth
Webpage created: February 14, 2017.
Webpage updated: February 14, 2017

To go to the Home Page          To go to the A-Z Contents Page

ROADS AND STREETS IN OLD DEVONPORT

CORPORATION ROAD

The last road to be constructed before Devonport Corporation was amalgamated with Plymouth in 1914 was named Corporation Road in that honour.  It was in the new territory of Pennycross absorbed by Devonport in 1890 and ran from what was then Ham Lane, now Ham Drive, to the Corporation boundary near Tor Lane.

There were no principle buildings or Licensed Landmarks but the was a general store on the corner of Ham Lane. Some of the properties on the northern side were still being erected in 1914.