OLD DEVONPORT . UK
www.olddevonport.uk
 

  Brian Moseley, Plymouth
Webpage created: November 13, 2017.
Webpage updated: November 13, 2017

To go to the Home Page          To go to the A-Z Contents Page

ROADS AND STREETS IN OLD DEVONPORT

POTTERY ROAD

Pottery Road runs from the end of Ferry Road westwards to the Hamoaze and the Torpoint Ferry.  It was so named because it originally led to a pottery down by the water's edge.

This was the home of the Devonport Borough Cleansing Department and Stoneyard, over which Mr [Walter Edward] Arscott was superintendent and Mr Reginald J Goodman the store keeper in 1914.  There was also a public weighbridge.  Mr Rodney W Westlake, contractor, also used the land in Pottery Road.  None of them resided in Pottery Road.