Webpage created: March 22, 2017.
Webpage updated: April 08, 2017
Stanley Street runs down through the centre of
Stanley Street ran southwards from Mount Street across Pembroke Street and Clowance Lane to Clowance Street. It was formerly known as Quarry Street, from which it was renamed between 1842 and 1860.
In 1914 there was one shop, run by Mr J Seldon, and two beer retailers, along with with store houses occupied by Mr G Lake and Messrs Alford and Company.
There were no prominent buildings at that time.