Webpage created: April 02, 2016.
Webpage updated: April 10, 2016
Numbers 1 to 20 (twenty tramcars) were acquired from the J G Brill Company in America in 1901. They were uncanopied and had normal stairs. These were shipped across the Atlantic in large packing cases and assembled at the Milehouse Depot.
Numbers 21 to 25 (five tramcars) were acquired from the Brush Electrical Engineering Company in 1901. They were uncanopied and had normal stairs. Cars 22 and 24 were kept in the small Camel's Head Depot.
Numbers 26 to 29 (four tramcars) were Brush "A" cars acquired from Birmingham Corporation Tramways Department in 1911. They were uncanopied and had normal stairs.
Numbers 30 to 33 (four tramcars) were acquired from Birmingham Corporation Tramways Department in 1911. They were canopied and had reverse stairs.
The Company's livery was originally chocolate and cream. On the waistband was the British Electric Traction Group's magnet and wheel logo. The livery was in the process of being changed to green and cream when the amalgamation with Plymouth took place.
All the above 33 tramcars were transferred to Plymouth Corporation Tramways Department in 1914.
Normal stairs turned left to the top deck.
The more modern Reverse stairs turned right to the top deck to allow for a canopy over both driving ends and thus extra seating on the top deck.