Webpage created: May 06, 2018
Webpage updated: March 29, 2019
Chilsworthy Station was opened at 5 miles 31 chains mile post mileage from Bere Alston Station by the Plymouth, Devonport and South Western Junction Railway Company on June 1st 1909.
The Railway Clearing House "Hand Book of Railway Stations, etc." records that in 1929 there was only one siding at Chilsworthy, that for the Messrs Hill, Westlake and Company Limited's Brick and Tile Works. It was administered by Gunnislake Station. Chilsworthy Halt dealt only with passengers and parcels.
A second siding Siding had been added by the 1956 edition of the Hand Book. At that time it was operated by the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, through Gunnislake Station.
Chilsworthy Halt was closed on or as from November 7th 1966.