Webpage created: February 10, 2016.
Webpage updated: February 10, 2016
Alcester Street runs from the railway main line eastwards to Ryder Road.
In 1914 numbers 1 to 45 were on the north side running from the Great Western Railway main line to Ryder Road and numbers 46 to 90 ran back towards the Railway. Numbers 1 to 5 inclusive no longer exist: a block of flats stands on the site.
There were no principal buildings in Alcester Street and only one shop, Mr W H Austin, chemist, at number 90.
Messrs Thomas and Son, builders, were at number 19 in 1914; Mr T C Boulden, the registrar of marriages for Stoke Damerel lived at number 26; Miss Rickard, music teacher, at number 42; Mr R B Hanger, piano tuner, at number 56; and the Reverend A D Gifford, of the United Methodists, lived at number 87.