Webpage created: March 21, 2016.
Webpage updated: March 19, 2017
John Street was located in the Morice Town district, running northwards from Pottery Road to Tamar Road.
In 1914 numbers 1 to 16 were on the western side, with numbers 17 to 38 returning on the eastern side.
The only principal building in John Street was the New Passage Brewery, of which Mr C R Webb was the manager in 1914.
Of Licensed Landmarks, there were two beer retailers, at numbers 7 and 26 (the Freemason's Arms), and the Ship Inn at number 38 on the corner with Pottery Road. Number 1 was occupied by Messrs Payne and Son, grocers, and there were general stores at numbers 5 (Mrs Glanville) and 36 (Mrs C Parker).