Webpage created: March 21, 2016.
Webpage updated: March 21, 2016
Tamar Street was located in the Morice Town district, between Ferry Road and Tamar Road.
In 1914 the numbers ran from numbers 1 to 5 were on the eastern side running from Ferry Road to Tamar Road with numbers 6 to 11 returning on the western side.
There were three Licensed Landmarks in Tamar Street: the Crown Inn at number 1, the Sunderland and Liverpool Inn at number 5 and the Tamar Inn at number 11. There were two breweries in Tamar Street, the rear of New Passage Brewery on the eastern side (the front was in John Street) and the Tamar Brewery on the western side. Mr G Crake was the owner of the brewery and Mr E W Pike its manager in 1914.
The offices of Messrs James Brothers and Company, timber and building merchants, and the contractor's yard of Mr R Westlake were also situated in Tamar Street. There were no retail premises.