OLD DEVONPORT . UK
www.olddevonport.uk
 

  Brian Moseley, Plymouth
Webpage created: April 11, 2016.
Webpage updated: April 11, 2016

To go to the Home Page          To go to the A-Z Contents Page

TRAMWAYS IN OLD DEVONPORT  |  PLYMOUTH, STONEHOUSE AND DEVONPORT TRAMWAYS COMPANY Ltd

DEPOTS

The Plymouth, Stonehouse and Devonport Tramways Company Ltd had two depots, one for their horse tramcar fleet and horses in Manor Lane, East Stonehouse, and one for their electric tramcar fleet in Market Street.

Tram depot in Market Street, East Stonehouse, 1912

The Plymouth, Stonehouse and Devonport Tramways Company's
electric tramcar depot was in Market Street, East Stonehouse.
From Ordnance Survey sheet CXXIII.11 surveyed in 1912.
 

The Market Street Depot contained six roads capable of holding a maximum of 18 tramcars.  Only roads 1 to 3 had direct access; a traverser had to be used to gain access to roads 4 to 6.