Webpage created: May 05, 2018
Webpage updated: March 23, 2019
Latchley Station was opened on the site of the former East Cornwall Mineral Railway's Cox's Park Depot by the Plymouth, Devonport and South Western Junction Railway Company on March 2nd 1908.
It originally had a Station Master who lived in the adjacent Station House but he was removed in 1936 and it became an unstaffed Halt.
Latchley Siding, accessed by a Ground Frame released by the Electric Token, was removed in November 1949. It could only be used by Up freight trains.
According to the "The Official Hand-book of Stations, 1956" Latchley Halt dealt only with passenger traffic.
Latchley Halt was closed to passenger traffic on or as from November 7th 1966.